25 August 2012

Review: Urban Decay - De-Slick


For all of you oily skinned girls, this review is for YOU.

I have always had issues with oily skin and I know that there is no way to STOP the oil, that you can only control it. So I have been on an endless search to find the perfect product for my skin to help control my nasty oilies.

Fortunately for me...I found out about Urban Decay De-Slick. I had been eyeing this product for months, almost a year, before I actually purchased the product. The reason for that is because where I live, we don't have a Sephora so buying certain products is quite difficult.

A few weekends ago, I was in Toronto for the MMVA's (for anyone who isn't aware, that is Canada's version of the MTV VMA's) - I had an amazing time by the way, I met Ed Sheeran for anyone who is a fan...he was fabulous and incredibly sweet! - It was quite hot that weekend and I knew that I would be outside for very long hours and was terrified my makeup would melt off my face.

While I was in Toronto, I went into a Sephora and purchased Urban Decay's De-Slick and I have to say I am  amazed with this product. The day of the show, we left our hotel at about 11 a.m. and we were outside in the heat for the majority of the day and by 8:00 p.m. my make up still looked FANTASTIC.

So the product comes in 3 different sizes (depending where you purchase - travel size, normal and XL). I purchased the travel size to give the product a try.

The directions: Shake Well. Apply just before foundation and again after makeup. Hold the bottle 8"-10" away and mist 2-4 times.

It sprays evenly and I didn't find that it was sticky at all. It dried very quickly and once it did, it felt like there was nothing there.

I have very oily, acne prone skin and this product did not break me out or clog my pores.

I still did get oily during the day, but I blot a lot less with it then without it...I'll take it!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,