27 December 2012

Oil Cleansing/MAC Cleanse Off Oil.

In previous posts, I have made no secret of the fact that I do not have perfect skin..far from it, actually! I do get breakouts, and those breakouts do leave nasty, bright red marks behind (for months!). I use a very long lasting foundation to keep those post-acne marks hidden and the most important thing I have learned in skincare is to properly and completely remove all traces of makeup at the end of  the night. The best way to completely remove all traces is to use an oil cleanser.

MAC Cleanse Off Oil is an amazing oil cleanser that contains Jojoba Oil, Wheat Germ Oil,  Rice Oil, Evening Primrose Oil and a few others. Most people are iffy on using oil to clean your skin, but in my opinion...oil cleansers are highly underrated. Oil is amazing at breaking down even the toughest waterproof mascara.

The beauty of MAC Cleanse Off Oil is that it contains Peg-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, which for anyone who doesn't know is a chemical that's added to the oil so that when water is added..the oil will dissolve into a lotion. This allows the oil to wash off clean leaving no oily residue behind. Awesome, RIGHT?

I have used the OCM as well, but I find that I am almost always in a rush and far too busy to keep up with that method. It's easier and more convenient for the oil to just wash off clean. Personal preference, really.

In Canada, MAC Cleanse Off Oil retails at $34.00 and comes in a 150 ml sized bottle. My first bottle lasted me nearly a year and I used it pretty well everyday. The best thing about cleansing oils, is that you only need to use a small amount for it to do the job!

I take the majority of my makeup up with a makeup wipe and remove the rest with a little cleanse off oil. I absolutely LOVE LOVE this product. It works flawlessly and I highly recommend this product to anyone who uses heavier type foundations or anyone who uses sunscreen.

xox Rae.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,