31 January 2013

Glymm vs. Glossybox & Topbox

Hi All!

I got my Glymm Box in the other day and to say I was unimpressed was an understatement - January's Glymm Unboxing. I stated the obvious reasons that I was upset with my Glymm Box and the samples and brands that I had received and now I'm going to show you the difference between Glymm's samples and Topbox and GlossyBox's samples.

Now, I understand that there are differences cost wise between the companies. I know that GlossyBox is roughly $21/month and that Glymm just recently adjusted their cost to $15/month. However, in this months GlossyBox were 3 full sized products, and in this months Glymm...we received 1 deluxe sized sample - if you could call it that. If you're going to claim that you provide 4-5 DELUXE sized samples each month, than they should be bigger than the size you can get for free from the drugstore. I don't believe that the samples Glymm sent out even add up to the $13 I spent.

If it were a little more of an expensive product and it was a tiny sample, I can kind of understand but it's not.

I have pictures below to show you the difference between samples I have received from Glymm and similar brands that I have received from Topbox and GlossyBox.


Click the image to enlarge.

On the left is the sample that I received in my Glymm Box the other day - sample size .25oz. On the right is a sample of the same product that was in the January GlossyBox - sample size 1 oz.

The one on the right seems more like a deluxe sample than the one I received in my Glymm box.

Click image to enlarge.

These are similar mascara samples that I received at different times. The first one is Clinique. The second one is an Urban Decay sample I received for free. The third one is Benefit's They're Real mascara that I received last month in my Topbox and the last one is the one I received in my Glymm Box this month.

Here's the kicker...

Full Size Costs

Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara - $19.00
Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara - Travel Size ($10) Full Size ($20)
Benefit They're Real Mascara - Travel Size ($10) Full Size ($23)
Lashem Double Trouble Mascara - $19.99

There was no size listed on the mascara I received in my Glymm Box, I suppose there's a reason for that. You can obviously see the difference in size. I don't understand why Glymm keeps doing this. We're not even getting our money back in the product we receive. It's not worth it. 

I'm not sure if the price adjustment is going to bring a change to the product we receive, but at this point...I'm  too disappointed to wait and find out. I have been hoping that the boxes would improve but seeing the mascara sample and the Burt's Bees sample and comparing them with different beauty subscription boxes...that was the final straw for me. I'm quite mad that Glymm attempted to pass off this month as a Deluxe Sample Beauty Subscription Service. I beg to differ.

Sorry Glymm, but I'm jumping ship. It was nice while it lasted...I think.

For anyone debating between Glymm and any other BSS, I strongly recommend another company.  The product just isn't worth it anymore, they're just not providing deluxe samples anymore...and it seems to me, that nothing seems to be tailored towards the beauty profile. I'm tired of getting anti-aging/firming products that I know I won't be using.

xox Rae

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home