13 January 2013

Review: Biotin - Great for Nails and Hair!



I have been going through A TON of issues with my skin since the beginning of May last year and this is the first time that I've really had to go through a trial and error period with my skin to figure out what causes my breakouts. Previously, I was on Yasmin and it cleared up my acne pretty well so I never had to worry about what caused the acne. I ended up having some very very serious health issues caused by Yasmin and was taken off it immediately, which caused a massive breakout of acne about a month later when my body finally realized that my hormones were completely out of whack again. I can't ever go on the pill again, so I am left to figure out how to fix my acne naturally, which led to my trial and error period.

One thing that I tried that was recommended to me was taking Biotin every day and I was stunned at the affect that Biotin had on my nails and my hair. WOW! The difference was remarkable and I started to notice immediately how much healthier and stronger my nails were. They started to grow quicker, longer and 10 times stronger than ever before. My nails were no longer chipping, ripping, breaking or bending from being so brittle. I was stunned.

Unfortunately, the downside to this product (for me) is that it caused major breakouts. I knew going in that with Biotin YMMV and that it had caused breakouts in a lot of people that used it and the results for me may not have been different. 

I started taking it and it was quite a high dose and I broke out the very next day. I stopped taking it and my face cleared up. I tried a second time, and the same thing happened. The other day, I started taking a new vitamin and I made the mistake of not looking at everything in it and didn't notice that it contained Biotin. I had been taking it for a day or two and my face broke out pretty badly.

However, despite the fact that it does not work for my skin, results will vary based on the person (ymmv). It did absolute wonders for my nails and I would definitely recommend it if you have very soft, brittle nails. It will make them 100% healthier.

xoxo Rae

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home