8 May 2013

Product Review: Revlon Colorstay Whipped

I have a love/hate relationship with foundation and I have yet to find a foundation that wows me. It just hasn't happened. The Revlon Colorstay is by far my favourite and I absolutely love it. I decided that before I left on a trip to Chicago that I would purchase the whipped version because I had been wanting to try it desperately.


Image of Revlon Colorstay Whipped


I bought it and wore it while I was in Chicago and sadly, I never wore it again after that.

It's about $16 here and comes in a heavy, thick glass jar. I feel like you're getting a lot less product than you think you are.

I found that the colour fit me better (150 Buff) with the whipped version than with the original. I have very oily skin, and that was probably my first mistake in trying this product. For some reason, it just didn't sit well on my skin after a few hours and it didn't help my oily skin at all, in fact, made it even more oily.

Image of Revlon Colorstay Whipped
It's a creamy texture and I actually LOVED how smooth it went on and how well it blended and if it weren't for my deciding factor, I probably would have kept using it.

I have one deciding factor on all foundations that I try and it's the one reason that I shy away from my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation...transfer.

I cannot wear a foundation that transfers. Who wants to pull a sweater on and have half their foundation end up on the collar of their sweater? Not me. Ever. How embarrassing. I found this foundation to transfer a lot and that is the main reason that I won't use it again. I tried using different primers, but to no avail...the foundation still transferred.

I will continue to use my Revlon Colorstay Oily/Combination until I find a foundation that my oily/combo skin actually likes!

Also, side note...I apply all my foundation with a stippling brush and the one that I took with me to Chicago that I used with the whipped actually became rock hard after I had used it with this foundation. It became crusty and just nasty.

Have a beautiful day! :)

xox Rae

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home