25 September 2013

Witchcraft Nail Hardener Review

I once again, decided to get acrylics done on my nails because I'm just a sucker for the way it looks, but this time I had them taken off as opposed to ripping (literally. ouch!) them off by myself to try and save some of the nail underneath. That didn't really happen. They were still destroyed but they are starting to grow out now!

I would usually use my Essie Fortifying Nail Treatment, but I discovered Witchcraft's Nail hardener and I wanted to go ahead and give that a shot.

Witchcraft Nail Hardener

I have a sneaking suspicion (am I the only one who thinks scorpion when they see suspicion?) that my weak nails are more of an internal problem than just my acrylics, but nail hardeners definitely help...they just don't completely solve the issue.

Side note: If your body can handle it, (mine couldn't, it broke me out) Biotin is a really great supplement for hair and nail growth. I was on it for 2 weeks and my nails were significantly stronger. It worked better than anything I had ever tried. I wish that my acne didn't flare up when I was on it. See my Biotin review here.

Witchcraft Nail Hardener was roughly $10 here in Canadia! I bought it at my local drug store. I have seen it at Walmart but I do not believe it's available at Target. I use 2 coats of it before applying any nail colour and I use it twice a week (if I have the time!).

One thing that I liked about this product over Essie Grow Stronger was that it didn't chip nearly as much as the Essie one did and it takes a little more work to remove it - so it lasts longer if I need it to.

As far as nail hardeners go, I think I would reach for this one over the Essie one that I have been using. It goes on clear - the Essie one goes on slightly pink, which I would like if I wasn't putting a colour over top.

After 2 coats, it does make my nails stronger, but I think I naturally have weak and brittle nails - so nail hardeners will only do so much for me. If you're starting out with relatively health nails..it would probably work much better! Unfortunately, where I work...my nails get pretty damaged.

That's all beauties :) xx

        Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Bloglovin  | BellaShoot

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 23 October 2013 at 11:30 , Blogger Autumn Frost said...

Hey, I've nominated you for the Sunshine Award. Head on over to http://www.bubblyb.co.uk/2013/10/sunshine-award.html to see what you have to do!

Bx

 
At 31 October 2013 at 18:02 , Blogger LauraJHyatt said...

I could definitely do with this stuff, as I've ruined my nails with acrylic, and need something to reharden them x
Heroine In Heels

 
At 25 November 2013 at 12:50 , Blogger Rae Marie said...

I have ruined them time and time again, but my issue I believe is more internal..this stuff does work, but only works to a certain extent for me :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home